Wednesday, February 16, 2011

January 2011 Reading List

As I look back over the first years of Dinner and a Book Book Club (est. 2001), I know that I am reviewing some older books, some you might have already read. So I decided to occasionally share with you the books I'm reading currently- for whatever it is worth.
This month I read our January book club selection, The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton. Since this book will appear in my blog sometime in the future, I won't say much other than it was a book that I could not put down. Highly recommended!
The Forgotten Garden by Kate Morton: Book Cover
Another unbelievable book I read this month was Cutting For Stone by Abraham Verghese- I probably will pick this for my next book club so only know that it was very powerful and I loved it...
Cutting for Stone by Abraham Verghese: Book Cover
An okay book I read was A Vintage Affair by Isabel Wolff- if you like vintage clothes and an easy read, pick this...
A Vintage Affair by Isabel Wolff: Book Cover
I also read Jaye's choice for February 2011, Brava, Valentine by Adiana Trigiani- a good book to read around Valentine's Day even though Valentine is the name of the main character, not the holiday.
Brava, Valentine by Adriana Trigiani: Book Cover

Hope this inspires you to pick up one of these books and READ!! Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment